Saturday, April 15, 2006

Spotted :: Illustration Friday

( Click illustration for larger size )

Comments:
Your "outcast" Zebra does look rather surprized :) Funny one!
 
Very cute! I wanted to draw a spotted zebra initially but changed my mind cos I don't think I can draw it nicely. Yours is excellent and funny!
 
oh this is sweet...

i think one of my favourite questions as a kid [and my mother however prolly didn't claim this as her favourite...] was "why do zebras have stripes?"

and now you've created my perfect zebra wiht this illustration!

angela
 
Made me laugh outloud. Thanks!
 
Ha! Love your illo. I think the spotted Zebra looks pretty cool. I bet the other Zebras think so too.
love
 
wonderful... spot the difference lol...
 
Sweet!! I think he'd get on with my Sydney.
 
Very cool and I love their eyes! I also like that you used leopard spots versus solid spots. Great job on this!
 
Very clever. Zebra meets leopard!
 
Love the idea and the execution of it, the reflection is wonderful and you have a terrific graphic look with the black and white
 
Those eyes on the reg'lar striped fellows speak volumes. You sorta wonder if spots wouldn't have been a better camo-marking for zebras... but I guess there's some reason for those flashy stripes. This brings a chuckle, but is also so good on many levels.
 
This is fantastic! All of your work is so well done.
 
Nice technique. Hey! I was born in Akron! I've been held prisoner in PA for many years though. My relatives still live in Akron and Cuyahoga Falls.

http://www.dbaldinger.com
http://www.dbaldinger.com/blog
 
This made me laugh out loud. I love the expressions on their faces!
 
the spotted zebra expresion is FUNtastic..great digital illo
 
Hahaha
Who's his/her daddy?
 
LOL, that spotted zebras like "WTH"
 
Awesome! I had a similar idea at first involving one leopard wearing a zebra skin and saying to another leopard "You just gotta improvise." but I knew I didn't have the time to do it justice, so I fell back to the monkey. I really like yours, especially their expressions. And thanks for visiting.
 
Wow, they are really beautiful! I love the eyes too. The reflection in the water is great. ; )

Big thirsty smooch,
The Tart
 
Love the gestures and expressions you've captured here, and the reflections, really strong piece.
 
This is very funny, and extremely well-done! The expression in their eyes really makes the illustration. :)

And I'm still laughing at your 'Tattoo' illo. :D

Great blog...lots of nice work here!
 
Too many comments, so little time. Great use of textures there... did you take the time to manipulate the zebra 'spine' or did it happen to comeout that way on it's own? (I recognize that texture! :-P)

Reflections are very well done, too, as is the sand texture. Love it all the way around!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?